Male Infertility-Tips To Putting a Little Vim and Vigor Into Your Sperm Count
Leading a healthy lifestyle helps the patients, who are suffering from infertility, to have some control of their reproductive function. Healthy lifestyles contribute well being and certain negative lifestyles contribute to infertility. Thus, if a person is leading a healthy lifestyle he is much more prone to have an improved reproductive function. Below highlighted points are certain guidelines, by following which a patient may receive help to an extent:
1. Avoid excessive heat, for example: waterbeds, saunas, hot tubs, etc.
2. Limit the intake of coffee to 1 or 2 cups per day.
3. Smoking is injurious to health; always.
4. Use of marijuana, cocaine, or other recreational drugs is really harmful for health. Marijuana stays in the testes for over 2 weeks; so even using it once every two weeks will have a negative effect.
5. Regular and moderate exercise is good for health.
6. 2 ounces of alcohol twice per week is enough for the body. Alcohol decreases the percentages of normal sperm. Female should not take alcohol if they are pregnant.
7. Diet should consist rich fresh fruits and leafy vegetables (organically grown foods) and nutritious eatables.
8. Beware of sexual diseases and do not hesitate to consult your doctor if suffering from it.
9. Education about the health and reproduction is very essential for people suffering from infertility.
10. Emotional and/or psychological support helps a lot.
11. Considers meditation to reduce stress.
Key Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements:Vitamin like C,E, B12, etc may help improve your fertility. Substance known as free radicals are the breakdown of oxygen as it passes through the cells in our body. As compared with the fertile men, infertile men have a higher concentration of these free radicals. Free radicals attack and destroy the membrane that surrounds sperm. Vitamins are natural anti-oxidants and helps to fight against these bad effects.
One should also take:
Vitamin C(500 mg/day). It helps to protect sperm against free radical damage. It also guards sperm from oxidative damage. Vitamin C also improves the quality of sperm in smokers and reduces sperm agglutination (a condition when sperm stick together, then fertility is reduced.).
Vitamin E(400 IUS/day). Vitamin E has an important function as an antioxidant. Therefore, Vitamin E supplements can decrease and mop up enough free radicals to prevent the damage to sperm cells.
Selenium(200 mcgs/day). A double-blind study shown that selenium supplement can significantly increase sperm motility.
Multivitamins containing zinc(20 mg). Zinc plays an important role for the male reproductive system. A lack of zinc can effect the normal sperm production. For men with low testosterone, zinc supplements may raise testosterone levels and increase sperm production.